Maîtrise universitaire en Normalisation, Réglementation Sociale et Développement Durable
Master of Arts in Standardization, Social Regulation and Sustainable Developement
The goal of the Master of Arts in Standardization, Social Regulation and Sustainable Development is to bring together in a single curriculum the following three thematic pillars: standardization, sustainable development, and social regulation. This will be achieved through a partnership between the University of Geneva and the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
The rationale behind the Master is that sustainable policies are more easily achieved when all affected or interested actors are involved in their elaboration and implementation by:
- Marrying the enhancing the reflection on sustainable development with that on participatory governance
- Acknowledging and emphasizing the role played by standard-setting processes in facilitating the coming together, coordination, and monitoring of the activities of actors
- Providing a broad notion of sustainable development, both in terms of social and environmental sustainability
The program is divided into four parts: the first part includes all foundational courses; the second part is concerned primarily with standardization activities and their effects on companies and society; the third part consists of a number of free credits which could be taken within equivalent masters programmes offered by the University of Geneva – Haute Etude de Commerce (HEC) e.g: Master of Science in Management, Master of Science in Finance, Master of Arts in International Trading, Commodity Finance and Shipping and the Master en sciences de l'environnement (MUSE). Finally, the fourth part is devoted to the accomplishment of an internship (stage) and a thesis based on the internship experience (mémoire).
- Credits: 90 ECTS - Small classes (15-20 Students admitted per year)
- Length: 3 semesters of taught courses with an additional semester devoted to an internship in an international organization or multinational corporation
- Language of Instruction: English. Some elective courses may be offered in French
- Organized by: University of Geneva and the International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
- Academic Options: Sociology, economics and business administration
The Master of Arts in Standardization, Social Regulation and Sustainable Development prepares students to work in international development agencies, NGOs, international organizations, multinational corporations (CSR activities, Sustainability Units), national and international standard-setting organs.
|Block 1||Foundation courses||42 credits|
|Block 2||Operational Systems for Sustainability||15 credits|
|Block 3||Elective courses||15 credits|
|Block 4||Internship + Thesis||18 credits|