MA in International Trading, Commodity Finance and Shipping
Maîtrise universitaire en Négoce (Trading)
Master of Arts in International Trading, Commodity Finance and Shipping
Created in conjunction with the Geneva Trading and Shipping Association (GTSA), this unique programme has been designed to respond to a need identified by Geneva’s commodity trading, commodity finance, and shipping community itself. It is estimated that 40% of international commodity trading takes place in the Canton of Geneva.
No less than 400 businesses work in the Canton directly or indirectly for this sector, representing about 8,000 employees. All these businesses have one thing in common: the need for specialized and continual training in the sector, in Geneva.
Developed with and for professionals, this innovative academic programme is conducted to best fit in with the demands of working while studying. Students work part time, in Geneva, in a trading, shipping, specialised commodity finance bank or services company related to these activities, and study part time. Being conducted in Geneva – one of the world’s key trading centres - means students have superb employment and advancement opportunities in some of the most prestigious companies in the world.
- Credits : 90 ECTS (3 x 30)
- Normal Duration : 3 semesters (8 modules); 1 module/24 hours (4 days)
- Language of Instruction: English
- Academic Options : a multi-disciplinary academic program
- Areas of Specialization: equips students with (1) an understanding of the international supply and demand for commodities; (2) advanced training in commodity hedging, price risk and commodity finance; and (3) an on-going relationship with the trading, finance and shipping companies and organizations. It brings participants together with internationally renowned scholars and experts to explore and explain the intricate and fascinating world of international trading, commodity finance and shipping
- Organized by : the Geneva Trading and Shipping Association (GTSA) and the University of Geneva
- Eight modules per semester. Each module lasts 24 hours. An exam takes place after each module. The module is run either over four days (two Friday afternoons and two Saturday mornings) or over three days (all day Thursday, Friday afternoon and Saturday morning)
The University of Geneva offers two programs in the area of commodity trading: a master’s degree and an executive program. Both take place on Fridays and Saturdays but they are destined to different audiences.
|Young students who have recently completed their BA and who have between 0 and 3 years of work experience||Professionals with a minimum of 3 years of work experience|
(3 semesters of classes + 1 semester for the thesis)
|Tuition fees invoiced to the company / administrative
fees invoiced to the student
|Tuition & administrative fees invoiced to the participant|
|BA and GMAT required||BA only required if taken as specialization year of the University of Geneva’s MBA|
Information : http://www.tradingmaster.ch