Who can Apply:
The Master of Science in Management program is targeted at students who already hold a bachelor degree in management, business administration or information systems , who wish to deepen their knowledge in order to advance their future careers and students, who hold a bachelor or a master degree in another discipline than management or information science, but who want to switch to the management field or the information science field. Depending on the level of qualification students either get direct entry to the program or have to pass the preliminary program prior to entering the Master of Science in Management program.
- Direct Entry: A bachelor degree in business administration or information systems, or another degree in the business or information science field that is accepted as equivalent, is required for the direct entry into the program.
- Entry through Preliminary Program: For students that do not hold a bachelor degree in business administration, information systems or another degree that is accepted as equivalent, a preliminary program of 1 year's full-time studies (60 ECTS) is prerequisite for entering the Master of Science in Management program. Once accepted for the preliminary program, its successful completion gives automatic access to the Master of Science in Management program.
How to Apply:
Please follow instructions below - no enrollment is treated directly by the DHEC administrative office.
To enroll in the Master program, students must first complete the Application for Enrollment form (demande d'immatriculation) and submit it, together with an Enrollment file (Dossier de candidature) to : University of Geneva, Espace Administratif des Etudiants, Rue Général-Dufour 24, CH-1211 GENEVE 4.
Further details and the required documents are available as follows http://www.unige.ch/ses/formations/masters/admissions.html
NOTE THAT ALL STUDENTS WITHOUT A BACHELOR IN MANAGEMENT FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF GENEVA HAVE TO PROVIDE RESULTS OF A GMAT-TEST. ADDITIONALLY A TOEFL-TEST OR EQUIVALENT IS REQUIRED FOR ALL STUDENTS FROM NON-ENGLISH BACHELOR PROGRAMS.
Deadlines and Results:
- Students from foreign universities have to submit their application by the 28th of February 2012.
- Students from Swiss universities have to submit their application by the 30th of April 2012.
- Students with a bachelor in management from HEC Geneva at the beginning of July.
Admission to the master program is decided by the Dean upon recommendation of the scientific committee. Admission to the program is selective..
NOTE THAT NO INFORMATION ON ACCEPTANCE WILL BE GIVEN BY PHONE. APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE AN ANSWER BY THE END OF MAY.