Service Science Specialization
Information Systems and Services Science specialization (120 ECTS)
Services represent the most growing sector of the economy in industrialized nations and are becoming the main activity on which businesses cooperate with their customers to provide value for each other. Examples include advanced services for mobile users such as alert services on car traffic, e-banking, services for the elderly or more traditional services such as parcel delivery tracking. Services Science has emerged and matured as a trans-disciplinary and global approach to the study, design, implementation and management of information service systems. It encompasses management and engineering disciplines, drawing also from fields such as social and cognitive sciences, law, ethics or economics, in order to address the theoritical and practical aspects of the challenging services industry and its economy.
The Information Systems and Services Science specialization is a program organized around seminars, innovation labs and courses. It addresses key concepts and mechanisms in business and organizations' management, service technology and models, legal aspects, innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship techniques. Examples of opportunities include manager of IT departments, entrepreneur or services provider, consultancy in IT or in services, consultancy in innovation strategies or digital media analyst.
Semester 1 (Fall semester) - Mandatory (36 ECTS)
1. Services Management Background (18 ECTS) Courses in: Management Simulation, Change Management, Advanced Organizational Behaviour, Assessment of Information Systems, Strategic Thought, Business & Society.
2. Services Science Background - (18 ECTS) Courses in: Mobile Systems and Services, Services Models and Design, Knowledge Representation.
Semester 2 (Spring semester) - Mandatory (39 ECTS)
1. Foundations of Services Science (33 ECTS)
- Courses in: Services - From Concept to Market, Business Development with Services, Methods and Tools for Trans-Disciplinary Services Development, Services Foundation, Services Strategies, Technologies for Services.
2. Selected Topics & Services Innovation Lab - Participation (6 ECTS)
Semester 3 (Fall semester) - Mandatory (24 ECTS)
- Courses in: Social and Legal Issues in Informatics, Services Interface, Design Science for Research (12 ECTS)
- Internship and / or courses in other Masters (12 ECTS)
Semester 4 (Spring semester) - Master thesis (21 ECTS)